In this article, we are going to share with you How to View Wifi Password in Windows 10.
Each version of Windows has its own way of checking passwords from previously connected wifi.
One of them is how to see the Wifi password in Windows 10, which is needed by many users of the most recent version of Windows.
Windows 10 is indeed equipped with a Wifi feature, where you can freely surf the internet using a Wifi connection from other devices.
So when you forget your Wifi password, it can be disastrous, especially for those whose work is very dependent on the internet.
How to View Wifi Password in Windows 10
Of the various methods that have been tried, the following two options are among the most successfully applied by Wifi users. You can also try it on a laptop or computer that you use frequently.
Use the CMD Menu
Command Prompt (CMD) can also be used to find out passwords from frequently used Wifi.
Even this menu also stores other Wifi data that has been connected to your computer device. How does it work?
- Make sure you know the name of the Wifi that you want to check the password for.
- Can be seen first through the Wifi list.
- How to open the Wifi feature.
- Then check the name.
- Select the search menu on the main Windows page.
- It is located in the lower-left corner of the desktop page.
- It has a white square shape.
- Comes with a magnifying glass icon.
- Type CMD in the box provided.
- Then press “Enter”.
- Another way that can be used is to use the Run feature.
- How to press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time.
- Then type CMD in the run box that appears.
- Wait for the CMD window to appear.
- The CMD page will have a black background.
- You can type commands on the page.
- Write command : netsh wlan show profiles
- Continue by pressing the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- A complete list of Wifi names appears with the SSID.
- Everything is ever connected to your computer device.
- You just have to make sure again the name of the Wifi.
- Type the command again in the CMD window.
- Tulis : netsh wlan show profile name = “isi nama Wifi” key=clear
- Press the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- Then you will get detailed information about the Wifi.
- There are SSID names, network types, authentication ciphers, etc.
- Including the password mentioned by the name “Key Content”.
- It’s located in the “Security Settings” section.
Now you just have to copy the password and use it when you need to reuse the Wifi. Then close CMD by pressing the cross button at the bottom right of the CMD page.
Use Menu Network and Sharing Center
When compared to the method above, this method is easier and more widely chosen by Wifi users for computers or laptops.
In fact, for those of you who are learning to use a computer using a computer, it can also be done easily. Here are the complete steps.
- Unlock Wifi feature
- It’s in the right corner of the Windows taskbar menu.
- The icon is three curved signals and a dot at the bottom.
- Make sure the Wifi feature is open.
- A row of Wifi that can be used will appear.
- Including the Wifi you normally use.
- Remember the name of the Wifi.
- Then close the Wifi feature.
- Proceed by right-clicking on the Wifi icon.
- Pilih “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Confused because you can’t find the Wifi icon on the taskbar?
- Immediately click the Search box in Windows.
- Type in the words “Control Panel”.
- Then select the “Network and Internet” menu.
- Click on “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Wait for the Network and Sharing Center window to appear.
- Click on the name of the Wifi you are currently using.
- It can also be used for Wifi that has been used before.
- The “Wifi Status” page will appear.
- Where will be seen the status of Wifi when it is active or not.
- Continue by selecting “Wireless Properties”.
- Wait for the Wireless Network Properties page to appear.
- Then select the “Security” menu.
- It is necessary to check the Wifi password.
- Detail information about the Wifi will appear.
- Including the password.
- Select the “Show Characters” option.
The function of Show Characters is to show the Wifi keywords clearly. After that, you can close the windows you don’t need.
It’s actually very important to note down the Wifi passwords you’ve ever used. This is necessary in case one day the network is disconnected and you need to reconnect.
You can write it down on your cellphone, sticky notes, or any other place that you think is safe.
Once again, you need to know that the steps above can only be used to view Wifi passwords on laptops, computers, or PCs that have been connected before.
And actually, this method can also be used for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
Hopefully the information above helps those of you who want to always be connected to a certain Wifi simply.
How to see Wifi password on Windows 10 is very easy to apply, so no need to be confused anymore if you forget the Wifi password. There is already the right, fast, and safe solution!